Image Map

Monday, December 18, 2017

2018 New Year's Resolution Balloons


Crazy to think that 2018 is right around the corner! If saving money is up there on your list of resolutions, I have a FREE New Year’s activity to share with you!

I always like to have my students set new goals and resolutions when we first come back from winter break. This year I’m having them brainstorm and then write their resolutions down on these festive balloons:



These will be displayed on a “Flying Into 2018” bulletin board with all of their balloons so that the kids will have a visual reminder of their resolutions.

Since we’ve been practicing having a Growth Mindset all year, I also plan to share this sentiment with them:

“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world.” -Neil Gaiman

Must remember to tell myself the same! If you’d like for your class to make these New Year’s Resolution balloons too, you can find the free templates here at my TPT store. 

Come visit here again for more freebies throughout the year. Wishing you a happy 2018 full of love, laughs, and learning!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great way to set goals for 2018! Thanks so much for sharing this freebie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! I hope you find it fun & useful in your classroom!

      Delete
  2. I love this! This is such a creative way to set those goals for the kids! My team is having our kids do goals on "snowballs" to go on our snowman-themed 6th grade bulletin board! This idea is soooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I love the snowball idea too, that'll be a perfect seasonal bulletin board!

      Delete